Directs and coordinates manufacturing activities to produce product in an efficient and cost effect manner within the company quality standards and customer delivery expectations. Participates in the overall strategic design and direction of manufacturing processes and related areas of operations. Oversees the training of employees, setting of departmental production and performance goals, organization of work and the continuation of a productive and motivational climate. This role requires strong leadership with an analytical mind and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate levels of communication and accountability throughout the plant to foster a cohesive team.
- Lead a cross function team to develop, revise and implement production schedules; estimate worker hour and machine requirements; establish and/or adjust workflow to meet production schedules.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Develop and implement training plans to appropriately on-board new employees and develop the skills and advancement of existing employees. Also, implement cross training plans such that appropriate levels of skill depth for back-up roles are established and maintained throughout the operation.
- Develop functional area expertise throughout the plant regarding the knowledge and use of the ERP system to improve organizational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Foster an effective partnership with the leaders and staff of all functions within the plant including those not reporting directly to this role such as Human Resources, Planning, Purchasing, and Customer Service.
- Follows up with departments with respect to ongoing status of plan versus actual performance as requested.
- Active team member that analyzes job orders to compare job order estimate to actual job results.
- Analyze and resolve work related problems, and/or assist employees in solving identified problems. (i.e.) MRB review, DMR’s, CAR’s, etc.
- Lead the organization in continuous improvement activities and methodologies to identify and eliminate waste throughout all areas of the plant.
- Conduct performance assessments for direct reports and support performance management activities throughout all levels of the plant.
- Participate in internal and external audits as necessary.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of the assets of the facility (Building, Grounds, Equipment).
- Ensure all legal requirements, company safety procedures, and local and state health and safety regulations are met
Directly supervises all employees in the Production, Shipping/Receiving, Maintenance and Quality Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and a minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to create accountability and to lead by example. Strong ream building, decision-making and people management skills.