Quality Engineer, Northwood, Iowa
This position will facilitate, monitor and improve the quality of our operational processes and outputs by continuous improvement through training, planning, development, administration, and auditing of Quality Management System policies and procedures. The Quality Engineer will design quality standards, develop quality control systems and determine corrective actions. The Quality Engineer shall focus on internal and external known and potential quality issues with the expectation to apply problem solving techniques.
- Assist in creating and maintaining company quality documentation, standards, control systems and procedures.
- Supplier Quality functions including audits, corrective actions and supplier approvals and qualifications.
- Continuously improve the quality receiving process and procedures
- Root Cause Analysis, reporting and implementation of corrective actions for process related concerns.
- Interface with Quality Assurance Supervisor, Engineering and Plant Manager to ensure proper development of new projects/products.
- Analyze failures and implement corrective actions through 8D CAR Process related to customer complaints.
- Provide support to ensure that products and processes comply with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Testing of products, processes and equipment to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Conduct audits as required, including closing out audit findings, create audit reports and determine proper corrective actions.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance Supervisor and Plant Manager to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues that affect the quality of the product.
- Developing 8D corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Complete PPAP customer requirements, support Engineering programming and run the Laser Scanner to ensure that parts meet the Customer CAD Model requirements.
- Some college or an Associate’s degree with three to five years of related experience and/or training. Familiar with and able to perform Quality related tasks in a manufacturing environment. Ability to work with mathematical concepts (ratios, percentages, conversions, minor trigonometry). Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, 8D CAR, PPAP and Blueprint reading. Root Cause Analysis tools and other problem solving techniques when dealing with problems.
FFT is known for our business integrity, high quality standards and forward thinking while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive comp/benefit package including a matching 401k plan. For employment application and more information about FFT, please visit our website. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume with cover letter along with our application to:
Federal Foam Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
91 16th Street South
Northwood, IA 50459
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.