Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Federal Foam Technologies, an industry leader in custom fabrication of flexible cellular and plastic materials, is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our team at the Northwood, IA facility.
This is a 2nd Shift opportunity with the hours being Monday - Thursday from 3:00 pm - 1:00 am.
The Production Supervisor directs production employees to produce product in a manner that maintains safety, quality, efficiency and costs at or above company standards/plant goals. This position contributes to all Federal Foam’s goals and objectives in safety, quality, customer service, cost and delivery by ensuring all direct reports meet or exceed all requirements in each of these areas.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate's Degree from a College or University preferred and 1 - 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with ERP software is preferred.
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring process of production employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations, resolves issues and provides support to production employees, provides positive feedback and disciplining of production employees.
- Provide and support an environment that fosters teamwork and a positive work environment for all production employees.
- Provide work direction to direct reports and administrates duties while monitoring labor needs. This includes reviewing the direct/indirect labor reports on a weekly/monthly basis and creating plans for improvements when employees are not meeting the established plant goals.
- Analyzes job orders and ERP reports to estimate worker and machine hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Develop and implement training plans to appropriately on-board new employees and develop the skills and advancement of existing employees. Also, implement cross training plans such that appropriate levels of skill depth for back-up roles are established and maintained throughout the operation.
- Develop functional area expertise throughout the plant regarding the knowledge and use of the ERP system to improve organizational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Active team member that analyzes job orders to compare job order estimate to actual job results.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please stop by our Northwood plant to fill out an application, click on the link to apply online, send your resume to the address listed below or contact 641-324-4225.
Federal Foam Technologies
91 16th Street South
Northwood, IA 50459
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.