Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - Northwood, Iowa
Federal Foam Technologies, an industry leader in custom fabrication of flexible cellular and plastic materials, is currently looking for a Production Supervisor on our 2nd Shift to join our team at the Northwood, Iowa location.
Direct production personnel to produce product in a manner that maintains safety, quality, efficiency, and costs at or above company standards/plant goals. This position is also responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring process and training of new and current employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; providing a work environment that fosters teamwork and is positive. This position contributes to all Federal Foam Technologies goals and objectives in safety, quality, customer service, cost and delivery by ensuring that all direct reports either meet or exceed all requirements in each of these areas.
- Must have good computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet and ERP software.
- Must be able to develop, interpret, revise and implement production schedules; estimate work hour requirements; establish and/or adjust workflow to meet production schedules.
- Suggest changes in the working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the manufacturing floor, department and/or work crew.
- Able to analyze and resolve different situations and/or work problems and assist employees in solving work problems.
- Ability to work with other supervisors and managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to speak effectively in front of groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Effectively communicates and executes the concepts of Performance Management
- Must be able to follow and hold others accountable to FFT policies, procedures, SOP’s and Work Instructions.
- Perform all assigned duties in compliance with FFT’s ISO 9001:2015 Certification and QMS Objectives.
- Associates degree or some college is preferred, with 1- 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
FFT is known for our business integrity, high quality standards and forward thinking while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive comp/benefit package including a matching 401k plan. If you are interested in being considered for this position you can submit an online application or send a resume with cover letter along with our application to:
Federal Foam Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
91 16th Street South
Northwood, IA 50459
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.