Production Lead Weekend Shift - Northwood, Iowa
Federal Foam Technologies, an industry leader in custom fabrication of flexible cellular and plastic materials, is currently looking for Production Lead to join our growing team at our Northwood, Iowa facility:
- Hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours
- $3.00/hour Shift Premium
The purpose of this position is to provide production leadership, support, and direction for the production employees. This position will also ensure that all materials needed are available for production employees to complete their daily work activities and achieve daily production goals in a safe manner which meets Federal Foam Technologies’ customer requirements in terms of quality, delivery, and price.
- Safely follow all F.F.T. Policies, Procedures, SOP's, Work Instructions and Job Order requirements governing the activities which I perform and supervise.
- Understand the specific production and quality requirements for all products produced in specific work areas.
- Analyze work orders and prints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, etc.
- Assist Production Supervisor in training new employees.
- Acts as the backup for the Production Supervisor as needed.
- Inspect work in process and paperwork to ensure operators understand quality requirements and are following proper procedures.
- Complete all paperwork and forms as required.
- Ensure that all company policies (safety, operational, etc.) are followed and enforced.
- Establish or adjust workflow to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions, work orders and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the production floor, department, or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Ensure that all work centers and paperwork are kept neat and clean, remove waste throughout the shift.
- Immediately report any problems, concerns, or issues with regards to employee performance or conduct to my supervisor.
- Remove a worker causing a safety or quality problem until a supervisor can be notified.
- Provide all materials needed including boxes, material, molds, bucks, fixtures, dies for each job order prior to the start of the shift and throughout the shift. Issues materials to specific job orders as required.
- Assist with production of parts when all other duties have been completed or when asked.
- Assist in general daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Cross train on equipment and processes as required.
- Perform value added checks prior to beginning work and throughout the process to ensure accurate start and completion of job order.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Accurate completion of labor reporting through manufacturing software.
- High school diploma or GED with three to five years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Manufacturing and forklift experience is preferred.
- Must obtain forklift truck certification with FFT and must have a valid driver’s license.
We offer competitive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Insurance
- 136 hours Paid Time Off hours increasing with seniority
- 401K with company match up to 4%
- Health Savings Account contributions for qualifying employees up to $1,500/year
- 8 Paid Holidays
- PTO for Birthday
- Parental Leave
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral Program of $1,500
- Up to $50/month Health and Wellness Reimbursement
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please stop by our Northwood, Iowa plant to fill out an application, apply online, or contact us at 641-324-4225.
Federal Foam Technologies
91 16th Street South
Northwood, IA 50459
Apply online at: https://www.federalfoam.com/careers/current-opportunities/
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.