Master Scheduler provides scheduling for production operations based on internal and external customer supplied forecasts and sales. By utilizing order demand data with emphasis on work centers and lead time analysis of each work center, this positions assures customer expectations and ship dates are met. This role plans, schedules and generates production job orders and their release to production in accordance with established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Achieve in-depth “super-user” fluency with our chosen ERP System (currently Epicor 10) and subsequent system upgrades and software revisions for the Quote to Cash cycle. Act as a resource, system expert and trainer to assist other staff in becoming more fluent in use of Epicor.
- Review system driven reports to analyze machine and labor capacity. Load level the schedule where possible.
- Communicate key scheduling requirements to Customer Service, Production and other departments as required when significant scheduling changes occur-understand impacts
- Enter and actively manage all aspects of customer forecasts within the ERP system. This includes analyzing actual usage versus forecasted amounts. Own demand-related metrics and assist with driving forecast accuracy.
- Facilitate the cross-functional team to resolve inventory issues with work-in-process materials, applying root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to continuously improve variances by eliminating causes of inventory variances with production-floor materials. This includes providing weekly metrics as needed.
- Create, process, and maintain job orders. Review production planner workbench to identify shortages of materials for confirmed job orders. Work with purchasing to expedite or substitute materials where appropriate.
- Works with intercompany orders when less than standard lead times are required.
- Process and coordinate ECO’s in FFT’s Scheduling data base and integration of job order release to production.
- Review part numbers in Item Master to maintain order modifiers/planning and global scheduling settings
- Modify Bill of Materials (BOM), routings and add special instructions to job orders requiring special attention.
- Update and maintain Production Calendar in Manufacturing data base
- Maintain document control of master internal and customers prints Understand where jobs are in the process-update schedule as needed