Manufacturing Engineer, Northwood, Iowa
Federal Foam Technologies, an industry leader in custom fabrication of flexible cellular and plastic materials, is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in Northwood, IA. This role supports new and existing manufacturing activities, projects, and processes in order to provide the customer with high quality, cost effective products. Plans, directs, coordinates, and participates in the improvement of manufacturing methods and processes. Aids in the design, development, and/or fabrication of upgrades to existing equipment and tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development of new manufacturing methods and processes.
- Supports, analyzes, and improves existing manufacturing methods, processes, and tooling to improve quality, provide cost reduction, and/or increase throughput.
- Develops models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Conducts observation and analysis of personnel and processes/systems developed to establish time and production standards, capabilities, and documentation necessary for implementation into manufacturing.
- Directs and participates in the production of samples and prototype parts produced at the Northwood location.
- Examines blueprints and other design documentation to determine system component requirements, prototype part requirements, and/or in-house tooling requirements.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Participates in the development, fabrication, and implementation of tooling manufactured in-house.
- Participates in the design, development, and fabrication of upgrades to existing equipment.
- Participates in the selection, specification, and implementation of new equipment.
- Coordinates production machinery usage for engineering projects with manufacturing department planners.
- Confers with manufacturing and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Confers with management, other engineers, and other departments regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confers with planning and others on engineering staff concerning part design and tooling specifications to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, quality standards, and similar issues relating to tooling and equipment.
- Provides technical information and training concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, and process advantages and limitations to production personnel and other departments.
- Provides support to manufacturing groups and personnel regarding questions or issues with planned production processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical area from a four year College or University and 2-3 years related experience; or Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year College or Technical School and 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FFT is known for our business integrity, high quality standards and forward thinking while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive comp/benefit package including a matching 401k plan. For employment application and more information about FFT, please visit our website. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume with cover letter along with our application to:
Federal Foam Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
91 16th Street South
Northwood, IA 50459
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.