Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist for this position is a business partner for two of our Manufacturing facilities. This role partners with the leadership at each of the Plants to support site operations through HR functions including recruitment, training, employee engagement, compensation, and benefits. This position plays a key role in attracting and retaining a high performing workforce and is critical to ensuring positive employee relations through employee engagement activities, effectively managing employee relations, and coaching and developing supervisors and team members. In addition, this role will help administer HR programs and project initiatives.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental supervisors/ managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation and onboarding to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance, employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Administers HR programs and projects, including Wellness/Fitness programs and company newsletters.
Qualified candidate will have at least four years Human Resources experience, Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or a HR certification, be self-motivated, willing to learn, ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of employees/management.